Targeted training for the QA officers held on 14-16 December 2016 at the University of Salzburg, Austria
Within the framework of the Erasmus+ project “Strategic Support on Strengthening the Quality Assurance Structures at the Private Higher Education Institutions in Albania” trainings for the QA officers were held at the University of Salzburg on 14-16 December 2016. The opening session was held by Prof.Dr. Peter Eckl, Chairman of the Department of Cell Biology and Physiology.
On the first day, three presentations and a brainstorming session were held. The activities held were:
- Presentation by Prof.Dr. Peter Eckl on the topic “Research evaluation measures”
- Presentation by WUS Kosova on the topic “Challenges on setting-up and implementing research and development structures, documents and indicators in the HEIs of Kosova.”;
- The brainstorming session was held in several working groups were they discussed on the issues e.g. what can be done to increase research output, what are suitable indicators for research output, what is the research environment at the partner institutions, and which incentives in support of research should be expected from the university management;
- The final presentation was focused on the results of the brainstorming session;
On the second day, these activities were held:
- A practical demonstration of the topic ““Plagiarism testing of texts brought by the partners and their analysis” by MSc. Richard Posch;
- A presentation on the topic “Research-guided Teaching” by Prof.Dr. Fatima Ferreira;
- A presentation on the topic “Research-guided teaching in biological curricula” by Prof.Dr. Peter Eckl;
- Drafting of a document related to research evaluation that will be implemented at the partner institutions was done.
On the last day, a presentation by Dr.Paul Lengenfelder was held on the topic “Development and improvement of teaching evaluation questionnaires” that was followed by a dicussion of the questionnaires of the partner universities and also a drafting of a final questionnaire. Moreover, a project consortium meeting was held.